標籤彙整: coronavirus

「台灣防疫正能量:外國朋友怎麼看?」- Covid-19 in Taiwan: What Do Foreigners Living in Taiwan Have to Say about It?

[youtubelearn video_code="UNIim5dpzBk" srt_name="fightcovid19" player_length=""]

Hello, everyone. My name is John Drummond from 希平方. So, with the recent COVID-19 coronavirus spreading around the world, creating a lot of panic, I wanted to take the time to address all of the wonderful things that Taiwan has done to make Taiwanese and foreigners alike living here in Taiwan feel extremely safe. So, I gathered some of my foreign friends to send a little love and positivity to Taiwan. So, let’s check it out.
嗨,大家。我是希平方的 John Drummond。近期新冠肺炎病毒肆虐全球,造成恐慌,而我想花點時間談談台灣做了哪些優秀的事情,讓住在這裡的台灣人和外國人都感到非常安全。所以我找了一些我的外國朋友,他們想對台灣傳達他們的愛和正向能量。一起來看看吧。

Huge thanks, a huge shout-out to Taiwan. You did an amazing job.
大大地感謝台灣,向台灣致意。你們做得很棒。

The combined effort of the Taiwanese people all over Taiwan—from people working around the clock in healthcare, public transport, grocery stores, or even delivery services—all the people working hard to prevent the further spread of this pandemic.
所有台灣人齊心努力--大家日夜不停地盡心工作,醫療人員、大眾運輸工作人員、超商人員或甚至外送人員--大家都齊心努力防止疫情蔓延。

I can see hand sanitizers everywhere I go and even cameras to check your temperature MRT today. That’s amazing.
我到哪裡都能看到乾洗手,今天我在捷運站還看到熱像儀檢測民眾體溫。台灣的防疫工作真的做得很棒。

So, I would hope that the whole world can look to Taiwan as a role model and learn from Taiwan. 全世界加油,台灣加油!
希望全世界都以台灣為模範,學習台灣出色的防疫應對措施。Keep it up, the whole world. Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣是我老家,台灣加油!
Taiwan is my hometown. Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣加油!
Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣繼續加油!
Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣加油!
Keep it up, Taiwan!

我覺得台灣做得非常好,加油、加油!
Taiwan is doing a very good job. Keep it up!

Cheers, Taiwan. 加油!
台灣加油。Keep it up!

台灣,我很愛你,感謝你的努力辛苦。我們一起繼續加油!
I love you so much, Taiwan. I really appreciate all the effort everybody put in. Let’s keep it up!

謝謝台灣,我愛你,加油!
Thank you, Taiwan. Keep it up!

I just wanna say thank you, gracias. 謝謝台灣。Thank you Taiwan for the amazing job that…
我只是想說謝謝,(西文)謝謝。Thank you, Taiwan. 謝謝台灣防疫表現如此出色…

I feel safe in Taiwan. 謝謝照顧我們。
住在台灣,我感到很安全。Thank you for taking care of us.

感謝你,台灣。我很愛你。
Thank you, Taiwan. I love you so much.

We love you, Taiwan. 加油!加油!
台灣,我們愛你。Keep it up! Cheers!

Taiwan, you are doing a great job. Please keep up the good work! 加油!
(荷蘭文)台灣,你們做得很好。繼續加油!Keep it up!

台灣加油!
Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣加油!
Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣加油!全世界的朋友們也一起面對疫情,度過難關。
Keep it up, Taiwan! Let’s get through this together.

Yeah, guys, keep it up. Keep up the good fight. Love you guys. 台灣加油。
大家加油。繼續努力。愛你們。Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣就是我家,繼續加油!
Taiwan is my home. Keep it up, Taiwan!

台灣是我們的家園。謝謝辛苦的防疫人員。大家一起加油!
Taiwan is our home. To those striving to prevent the disease from spreading, thank you so much. Keep up the good work, everyone!

台灣是我們的家園,大家一起加油。
Taiwan is our home. Let’s keep it up and get through this together.

影片來源:

「【不正經防疫宣導】一段愛與冠狀病毒的故事」- Love in the Time of Coronavirus

「【不正經防疫宣導】一段愛與冠狀病毒的故事」- Love in the Time of Coronavirus

[youtubelearn video_code="6_tsEVOf7r0" srt_name="loveinthetimeofcoronavirus" player_length=""]

Hey.
嘿。

Dan. What are you doing here?
Dan。你怎麼來了?

I’m correcting the biggest mistake in my life.
我來彌補我此生犯過最大的錯誤。

I don’t understand.
我不明白。

You are the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I go to sleep. I love you, Erin. So I’m gonna do something I should have done a long time ago.
我起床一睜眼就想到妳,睡前腦海中最後一個畫面也是妳。Erin,我愛妳。我現在要做一件我以前早就該做的事情。

Whoa, whoa. No, no. Hands off face. Just the face. It’s because of the coronavirus.
噢、噢。不行、不行。手不可以碰到我的臉。只有臉不行。因為冠狀病毒。

Right.
喔對。

Just not clean.
就是,不太乾淨。

Okay.
好。

Maybe just… Let’s just do some of that. Okay, I’ll do some, too. Dan, listen. Before I kiss you, there’s something I have to tell you. I need you to know that I…have loved—
不然我們…我們噴一點酒精好了。我也噴一點。Dan,你聽我說。在親你之前,有件事我想告訴你。你得知道,我…已經愛--

Oh, what was that?
噢,剛剛那是怎樣?

What was what?
什麼是怎樣?

Um…that—
呃…剛剛那個--

Oh, that, that. I was just, I was just clearing my throat because I was—
喔,那個喔。我只是,我只是在清喉嚨而已,因為我要--

Was that a dry cough or was that a mucus?
是乾咳還是有痰的?

No, it’s no mucus.
沒有,沒有痰。

That’s worse. COVID-19 is a dry cough.
那更慘。新冠肺炎的症狀就是乾咳。

I mean…I know something we can both do together.
我是說…有件事情我們可以一起做。

Yeah.
好。

I can’t believe I’m here.
真不敢相信我在這。

What do you mean, Dan?
為什麼會這麼說,Dan?

Two nights ago, I threw a coin into the Trevi Fountain, and I made a wish that I—
前兩天晚上,我把一枚硬幣丟進特雷維噴泉裡面,我許願說我--

Whoa, ooh. The Trevi Fountain in Rome, Rome…Rome, Italy?
噢,等一下。羅馬,羅馬的特雷維噴泉…義大利的羅馬?

Yes. Yeah.
對。對啊。

What the f**k? What? You’ve just been in Italy? Oh! You popping in Italy, and you’ve just popped over here, have you? To infect me?!
你在公啥*?什麼?你剛去過義大利?喔!你跑去義大利,然後跑來老娘家?要感染我是不是?!

No, no, no! It’s love in this time of year.
不、不、不!我在這種時期還這麼做,是因為我愛妳。

Oh! Great. I’m a goner! I’m a goner!
喔!好棒棒。我死定了!我死定了!

Get out!
出去!

Please, please! I’ll wear a face mask! I’ll call you in 14 days! Please, I love you, Erin, I’ll…
拜託、拜託!我會戴口罩!我 14 天後一定打給妳!拜託妳,我愛妳,Erin,我…

F**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k! F**k.
乾、乾、乾、乾、乾!乾。

影片來源:

「認識新型冠狀病毒」- What Is the Coronavirus?

「認識新型冠狀病毒」- What Is the Coronavirus?

[youtubelearn video_code="aerq4byr7ps" srt_name="coronavirus" player_length=""]

This is an outbreak of disease that started in Wuhan. It’s one of the central Chinese cities. It’s caused by a novel coronavirus—that means it’s brand-new, so new that actually it doesn’t have a name yet.
這場疫情在武漢爆發。武漢是中國中部的城市。疫情是由一種新型冠狀病毒引起--稱呼它為新型,意思是它是全新發現的病毒,甚至還沒有名稱。

What are the symptoms?
患病者會有什麼症狀?

It’s from a family called the coronaviruses. The symptoms of this illness are pretty mundane on the face of it. It’s a dry cough, fever, and then breathing problems. It seems quite mild in lots of people, and probably those people don’t end up in hospital at all. We only know about the more severe cases, which is where people have gone on to develop viral pneumonia. And those people obviously end up in hospital, and all the deaths have been amongst those people.
這個新型病毒是冠狀病毒家族的一員。患者的症狀其實很常見。會乾咳、發燒,或有呼吸問題。許多病患的症狀都很和緩,甚至有些人也沒去醫院。我們只知道較嚴重的病例是,有些人進一步得到病毒性肺炎。這些人最後都有就醫,死亡病例也都是來自這些人。

Where have cases been confirmed so far?
哪裡已經有確診病例了?

This brand-new coronavirus came from animals, and it’s believed that the source was actually a seafood market in Wuhan, which also sells wild animals. So far, as far as we know, all the cases have come out of Wuhan. So, some of these people are in places like Thailand and Japan, but they haven’t picked it up there. They actually got it in Wuhan, and then they traveled.
這個新型冠狀病毒是從動物身上發現的,據稱是從武漢的海鮮市場爆發,市場裡也販賣許多野味。到目前為止,我們得知所有案例都是從武漢而來。有些病例也在泰國或日本出現,但他們並非本地感染。他們其實都是在武漢被感染,並旅遊至他處。

Should I be panicking about this outbreak?
對於這次疫情爆發,我應該感到恐慌嗎?

In China, where the most cases are, it’s older people who are ending up in hospital with this. They’re usually over 40. And the very youngest person diagnosed is about 13 or 14 years old. So, it doesn’t appear to be affecting small children. And those who’ve died tend actually to have underlying conditions as they say. They’re frail. They may have heart disease or cancer already. And so they’re vulnerable. Basically, their immune systems are not very robust. And they’re going to find it very hard to fight off a virus.
大多數病例都是在中國發現,而多是年長者會發病進醫院。大多超過四十歲。最年輕的確診病例為十三或十四歲。所以看起來並不會感染小孩。而那些死亡病例大多都有潛在身體狀況。他們身體不好。有的可能早就有心臟疾病或癌症。所以他們其實很脆弱。基本上他們的免疫系統並沒有非常強健。所以要戰勝病毒是很困難的。

How is this virus transmitted?
病毒如何傳染?

We’ve only just discovered that the new coronavirus is actually transmitted from one person to another. It was hoped at first, actually, that it just came from animals as all coronaviruses do, but now it looks as though it is actually passed from one human being to another. So, we’ve got people-to-people transmission. Because the market’s been closed for some time, and there are cases in people who’ve never been near it.
我們剛發現這種新型冠狀病毒其實可以人傳人。最初其實希望這病毒只會從動物身上感染,如同其他冠狀病毒一樣,但現在看起來其實能夠人傳人。其實已經有人傳人的案例了。因為海鮮市場已經關了好一陣子,也有一些從來沒靠近過海鮮市場的人發病。

What treatment is available?
有可行的療法嗎?

So, there actually isn’t any treatment at the moment at all. Because this is a virus, antibiotics won’t work—that they only work against bacteria, not viruses. So, really you want to know an antiviral treatment, but none of the flu drugs that we’ve got, and we have got a couple of those, will work on this. Coronavirus is different from a flu virus, so there actually isn’t any treatment at the moment at all.
武漢肺炎目前其實無藥可醫。因為這是病毒引起的,抗生素沒有用--抗生素只能對抗細菌,對病毒無效。大家都很希望找到抗病毒的治療方法,但目前我們有的抗流感藥都沒辦法有效對抗冠狀病毒。冠狀病毒和其他流感病毒不同,所以其實目前沒有任何有效療法。

How serious is this outbreak compared to others in the past?
這次爆發的疫情與過去相比有多嚴重呢?

This one is scary because it is a brand-new virus. So we don’t know how it’s going to behave. But I have to say, we perhaps ought to put it in the context of some of the other things. I went to Sierra Leone to cover the West Africa outbreak of Ebola. And that was killing more than half of all those people who were infected. SARS, which was a novel coronavirus just like this one back in 2002, did end up causing a global panic. And that was largely because nobody had ever seen it before, but also the death rate was at around 10 percent. Well, here so far we’re talking about the death rate of 2 percent, which is a lot less. And it does look as if many of those people actually have had underlying health problems, which would make it more likely that they would die. They could equally have died of flu, so you have to put it into that context, I think.
這次疫情非常可怕,因為這是個全新的病毒。所以我們不知道這種病毒會有什麼行為。但我必須說,我們應該將其他狀況納入考量。我曾到獅子山支援西非爆發的伊波拉病毒。感染上病毒的病患半數以上都死亡了。而 2002 年爆發的 SARS 也是如同這次的新型病毒,的確造成了全球恐慌。這多半是因為沒人看過這種病毒,且死亡率高達大約百分之十。而這次的病毒目前為止的死亡率是百分之二,比起當年的 SARS 低了許多。而死亡病例中其實許多人都有潛在的健康問題,導致患病者更容易死亡。他們同樣也可能死於流感,所以我想我們也得將這種情況納入考量。

影片來源: